Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Makings of a Christmas Card








There are few pleasure in life that can compete with reuniting with family during the holidays and rediscovering home cooked meals. Eric and I were treated to a Blum Christmas dinner complete with filet mignon and all the childhood favorite dishes that are whipped up only for an occasion like Christmas. For Eric and I being the poor, young professionals that we are, this was a real treat. In return for the gracious hospitality I offered to take some family photos of the Blums. We headed down to a nearby beach and walked around looking for spots to shoot. Not having any kids myself, I had forgotten what it was like to have my picture taken when I was Hannah and Ethan's age. They were little more interested in getting back to their new presents from Santa and this photo interruption was not very appealing for them. As the photographer, I was focused on all the technical aspects of the shot. The kids were restless and becoming impatient. So I bargained with them. For every two or three serious shots we would do one goofy shot. The idea worked and with the help of Eric holding my lights and getting our two little cousins to laugh at the fart noises he was making, I got some nice photos out of it.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with your lighting on these photos... you've really improved!!! I bet they loved them!
    mom

    ReplyDelete